Aquatic Center/Skate Park
Marshall Aquatic Center
Fun is just a splash away at the Marshall Aquatic Center, with a 190 foot water slide and three pools to entertain every age. Plunge into the diving well, swim laps or just enjoy a leisurely dip with friends.
For the younger set, play under the bubbler in the shallow pool, or check out the playground area filled with sand volleyball, relax on a deck chair or equipment just for preschoolers. If a stroll past the concession stand stocked soaking up the sun is your passion, play with your summertime favorites.
The Aquatic Center is available for private parties and corporate nights and also features youth and family nights along with open swimming. Call Marshall Community Services at (507) 537-6767 for more information or to make reservations.
Aquatic Center Features
- 190-foot Aqua Trail Water Slide
- Three-pool complex (heated water in all pools): Main pool, diving well & shallow pool
- Diving well with two one-meter boards & one 3-meter board
- Shallow pool Mushroom & Bubbler
- Playground area for children age 6 and under
- Handicapped accessible
- Concessions stand and shaded patio areas
Adjoining recreation areas include tennis courts, baseball field, softball fields, shelter house, picnic areas, playground equipment, trail system along the Redwood River.
Boards and Blades Skate Park
The Boards and Blades Skatepark is located next to the Marshall Aquatic Center at American Legion Field, 400 West College Drive (Hwy 19 West).
It is the newest recreation opportunity to the Marshall area for youth ages 8 years and older. The park features three skate zones to accommodate all levels of skaters, and 10,000 square feet of skate area with on-site supervision.
Boards & Blades is a designated Tier 2 skate park which has features with heights greater than 48 inches. Safety equipment rentals available. Summer hours are 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily; spring (April & May) and fall (September & October) hours are 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. (Hours subject to change based on participation and weather conditions.) Admission fees are charged.
Skate Park Features
- On-site supervision
- Three skate zones designed to accommodate all levels of skaters
- 10,000 square feet of skate area
- Full concession stand
- Designated Tier 2 skate park which has features with heights greater than 48 inches
- Safety equipment rentals available
Pads (elbow, knee, wrist) $1.00
- Restrooms available
- Security baskets available at MAC front desk - $.50 charge
Skate Park Equipment
- One of a kind 100 foot berm featuring 70 feet of 5-foot high launch bowl area with coping
- Additional apparatus includes:
A. 5’ Half Pipe
B. 2’ 6” Half Pyramid with Grind Rail, Ledge, and Manual Pad (Advanced Fun Box)
C. Three 5’ Bank Ramps (Various Slopes)
D. Step Pad
E. Seven Ground rails (Round, Square and Kinked)
F. Quarter Pipe 4’ tall 12’ wide
*Note: All apparatus is covered by the latest in skate surfaces Skatelite Pro